delra

1. Johnny Cash vs San Quentin

"San Quentin"

San Quentin, you've been livin' hell to me
    You've hosted me since nineteen sixty three
    I've seen 'em come and go and I've seen them die
    And long ago I stopped askin' why

San Quentin, I hate every inch of you.
    You've cut me and have scarred me thru an' thru.
    And I'll walk out a wiser weaker man;
    Mister Congressman why can't you understand.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bug splats

By DailyPaul:

[Hosted by imgur.com]

In military slang, Predator drone operators often refer to kills as
    ‘bug splats’, since viewing the body through a grainy video image gives the sense of an insect being crushed.

To challenge this insensitivity as well as raise awareness of civilian casualties, an artist collective installed a massive portrait facing up in the heavily bombed Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. On the fall of China

By David Stockman:

China is the greatest construction boom and credit bubble in recorded history. An entire nation of 1.3 billion has gone mad building, borrowing, speculating, scheming, cheating, lying and stealing. The source of this demented outbreak is not a flaw in Chinese culture or character—nor even the kind of raw greed and gluttony that afflicts all peoples in the late stages of a financial bubble.
    So in two short decades, China has erected a monumental
    Tags: china, economics
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yesterday's heroes

Got to trust the media, right?

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The truth about the GDP

Writes Frank Shostak for the Mises Institute:

The GDP framework cannot tell us whether final goods and services that were produced during a particular period of time are a reflection of real wealth expansion, or a reflection of capital consumption.

For instance, if a government embarks on the building of a pyramid, which adds absolutely nothing to the well-being of individuals, the GDP framework will regard this as economic growth. In reality, however, the building
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast