View RSS Feed

Finnish life

1. A phone call I never expected to hear

So I've been looking for a another job to replace my old one due the reasons mentioned in the earlier post. From companies that do phone customer service because I have experience from that kind of work. Until today I haven't received any kind of contact from said companies. But today I received a call from one of the companies that I had on my top priority list. I was overjoyed about this and the recruitment agent explained that with my experience I would surely get a place there if what I put ...
    Categories
    Finnish life
  2. You've used humor in this survey, make an report about this or lose your job.

So yes. I've waited for this for a year now. Never thought that it would really come like this over a such meaningless thing. But yes I was threatened with losing my job.

It all begun with this exam like survey on Monday 6.8.2012. It was about a big release of new products from our client on 8.8 and it was meant to look like an school exam with points given on right answers except for the last page, which seemed kind of weird. I didn't receive an answer why were they giving ...
    Categories
    Finnish life
  3. My Saturday night

So happened earlier tonight.

I and two of friends were watching hockey, playing NHL 12, drinking beer and enjoying Sauna and generally having a good time while the fourth one, once again in a condition of near passing out from beer, liquor and weed. Of course the liquor wasn't his but one of my other friends. So this dude who drank my friends liquor didn't want to come to the sauna (now that I think of it, thank god he didn't) but decided to sleep on the sofa. Well me and the other ...
    Categories
    Finnish life
  4. Best birthday gift ever!

Today I received probably the best birthday present that a man can ever receive from his father. He gave me an cool and antique looking pocket watch, which has the Finnish Lion in the top cover in it giving it a very regal look. All I need now is a top hat, cane, monocle and a noble title and I could be the King of Finland.

And today is my 22nd birthday. Yay!

Updated 11-01-2012 at 21:03 by Emperor Ike

Categories
    Finnish life
  5. You're in the army..almost

So yes it has come the time that it is my turn to join the finnish army and to be come an soldier ready to fight for the fatherland and all that. In few hours time i will head down to the brigade and say goodbye to freedom for at least nine months.

During this period all activities from me are minimal and possibly only happen during weekend leaves from the army. So this means no AARs will be updated or started. ...
    Categories
    Finnish life
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast