View RSS Feed

GuileMike

1. So I joined the Army...

So I did it. I have many reasons why I did it.

1. I have always been interested in joining the army. I went through the process 10 years ago right when I was finishing college. I went to the Meps and basically got shot down for the job I wanted. So took a lesser desirable job instead. In my delayed entry contract I was not bound to joining unless I reported back for my ship date. In a period of months before my ship date, two reasons popped up to make me decline my enlistment. My ...
    Tags: army
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Roller Coaster Year

You know, I have to say the 2011 has been a year I will always remember. The title says it all. It has had some all time highs for me and also some all time lows.

Let me start with the Highs.

In January I basically won the Paradox lottery and was invited to go to the yearly convention the company runs every year. It was a trip of a lifetime(not to mention all expenses paid, they know how to treat a guest) and I enjoyed every second of it. It was the first time I had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Education feels like a sinking ship....

I have been a Social Studies teacher for 7 and half years and always thought I would retire at the school that hired me. In the past two years with new administrators and bureaucratic hoo ha introduced, it has made my job not nearly as enjoyable as it once was. I don't hate my job, but I have always been one of those with the philosophy of don't fix what is not broken.

I'll start with the admins. I have four of them and one training to be a future administrator. Two administrators ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Being a single parent for a toddler is tough.

I'm not divorced, my wife left me at home for 4 days with our 2 year old to go to a bachelorette party in Miami. I don't mind it but I am physically and mentally drained after day 2. How do people do this all the time alone? This just gives me another reason to love and appreciate my wife when she is around. Are there any single parents out there that say it is easy to raise a child alone? If so, you are a stronger person than I.

Updated 08-08-2010 at 21:44 by GuileMike

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Not looking forward to going back to work.

This is my seventh year teaching social studies and the first year I am dreading on returning. New administration has shuffled the school around and ruffled many feathers with other teachers. All summer I got to spend it with my 2 year old son and I enjoyed playing Mr. Mom. Played many hours of Rome and AOD when he went down for a nap. So the combination of low moral at work from me and my coworkers and spending so much time with my son makes me want to stay home. The administration has pulled a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized