View RSS Feed

Blade! I Am.

The life and times of Blade!

1. Fall to Grace, Part II

Fall to Grace
    Chapter 1

“Earth, air, fire and water, Sayyid,” the children chaotically chanted in response to the old man’s question. “That’s right,” said the village elder as he drew a circle in the dirt with a stick. He was hunched down among the children who encircled him, most of them sitting cross-legged and squirming. None of them were old enough to help in the fields or small enough to be carried all day by their mothers, so they were left to the
    Categories
    Fiction or Insanity
  2. The Reluctant Fundamentalist & Jayavarman

The Reluctant Fundamentalist

I read this book this year and I enjoyed it VERY much: The Reluctant Fundementalist: A Novel.

First, I put a poll in OT here: (Exciting OT Poll!)

Second, I used Jaya, because he seems open about all these thoughts, so I am just stringing together public disclosures. (Relax with him at his exciting blog here!)

Updated 22-08-2009 at 19:58 by Blade!

Categories
    Reviews of Movies/Games/Books
  3. Fall to Grace: Prologue

Fall to Grace

Earth below us…

Drifting…

Falling…

Floating…

Weightless…

Increasing sorrow surrounded the angel as over the years it had sunk further downwards, the shadows of metaphysical clouds increasingly obscuring the Source of all light and glory. The hands of other angels reached towards the plummeting angel, but its sorrow made it unresponsive. Unthinking and unable to react to the ever growing
    Categories
    Fiction or Insanity
  4. The Son and The Father

The Son and The Father

The son stood waiting by the sliding glass door at the Bellingham Airport. His stomach twisted as he waited both with impatience and trepidation. Most of the airplane’s passengers had already passed through the doors. The son knew his father would be last, as his knee would probably be stiff and painful after sitting so long. The son’s hands twisted themselves together, his fingers forming complex laces as he nervously thought about how he could possibly ...
    Categories
    Fiction or Insanity
  5. Imperium Nova: Spectacular Web Game

I've been thinking about quality games. I don't know how many of you noticed the announcement of Tropico 3, but seeing the general trend of games- I fear this flashy graphic version. My general rule about games is the better the graphics, the more dissappointing the sequel... the same goes for movies, the more a computer is involved in the movie the worse it will be, especially for sequels, ala Star Wars or Batman... ...

Updated 02-02-2009 at 08:06 by Blade!

Categories
    Reviews of Movies/Games/Books
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast