View RSS Feed

The Rose Desk

Speaker of the still-born language, twister of tales and mincer of spelling. Join me as I lazily discuss things like writing, and conlangs and my love for Guinness.

1. Why haven't I been active in AARland

Aside from poking out of my hole from time to time to warn people or issue infractions, I've been rather inactive for a long time. This has partially been to the pendulum swinging the other way after I stopped Baltikja. I have actually been doing a LOT of writing, just not here.

For those that don't know, my wife is a writer and runs a very small publishing business. I've been helping her set that up and do the legal wrangling that comes with that. So far she's sold two short stories ...
    Tags: writing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. NaNoWriMo - Day 27

Well here it is. I finally finished! 50,000 words in 27 days.

Where does that leave me? Well... with 50k toward a novel. You might be asking yourself "Toward a novel? But Nick, you were supposed to finish the novel."

To which I reply:
    A - How do you know my name?
    B - Well that is the thing. As I was writing I hit the "mid-book blah", just this period of loathing where nothing I wrote was good and soon I saw the whole piece as bloated ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. NaNoWriMo - Day 17

Awesome, lost my rather long entry after adding a tag so you get the sort and quick:

Sorry for not posting in 10 days. Work is hell, been stressed out. Over 38,000 words as we speak. Haven't written in 3-4 days. In the midst of the "mid-book blah", as my [future] father-in-law put it.

Want to get back to Baltikja. Hopefully with more vigor. Thinking of brewing some Prussian Mead soon.
  4. NaNoWriMo - Day 7

Day seven has come and gone.

Got home late from work due to a number of things, not the least of which was a political "round table" that arose while finishing up the last project of the day. Didn't think I was going to get a lot of writing in today but managed to do quite a lot, spurred on by Brigid trying her best to make some ground and catch up to me.

So I sort of went crazy and got a pretty strong 4,040 words down today. Huzzah!

DnD tomorrow, ...
    Categories
    NaNoWriMo
  5. NaNoWriMo - Day 6

Ugh my eyes hurt. Seriously... I've been staring at a computer screen for 14 hours now.

Writing is reaching another sort of rough patch, I have some ideas I just need to get them going. I am good with planning (see Baltikja for that), but not always good with the swing itself. O well, I shall get through it. If I keep this up I can edit this bad boy up and submit it to a few publishers. I really would love to escape this hell I've locked myself into at "work". Really it ...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast