View RSS Feed

The Rose Desk

Speaker of the still-born language, twister of tales and mincer of spelling. Join me as I lazily discuss things like writing, and conlangs and my love for Guinness.

1. NaNoWriMo - Day 27

Well here it is. I finally finished! 50,000 words in 27 days.

Where does that leave me? Well... with 50k toward a novel. You might be asking yourself "Toward a novel? But Nick, you were supposed to finish the novel."

To which I reply:
    A - How do you know my name?
    B - Well that is the thing. As I was writing I hit the "mid-book blah", just this period of loathing where nothing I wrote was good and soon I saw the whole piece as bloated ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. NaNoWriMo - Day 17

Awesome, lost my rather long entry after adding a tag so you get the sort and quick:

Sorry for not posting in 10 days. Work is hell, been stressed out. Over 38,000 words as we speak. Haven't written in 3-4 days. In the midst of the "mid-book blah", as my [future] father-in-law put it.

Want to get back to Baltikja. Hopefully with more vigor. Thinking of brewing some Prussian Mead soon.
  3. NaNoWriMo - Day 7

Day seven has come and gone.

Got home late from work due to a number of things, not the least of which was a political "round table" that arose while finishing up the last project of the day. Didn't think I was going to get a lot of writing in today but managed to do quite a lot, spurred on by Brigid trying her best to make some ground and catch up to me.

So I sort of went crazy and got a pretty strong 4,040 words down today. Huzzah!

DnD tomorrow, ...
    Categories
    NaNoWriMo
  4. NaNoWriMo - Day 6

Ugh my eyes hurt. Seriously... I've been staring at a computer screen for 14 hours now.

Writing is reaching another sort of rough patch, I have some ideas I just need to get them going. I am good with planning (see Baltikja for that), but not always good with the swing itself. O well, I shall get through it. If I keep this up I can edit this bad boy up and submit it to a few publishers. I really would love to escape this hell I've locked myself into at "work". Really it ...
  5. NaNoWriMo - Day 5

Hello my throngs of loyal adbots... and a couple live people!

I've noticed that the blogs are basically dead, except for the hum of the multiplying adbots that seem to coat everything a mile deep. This blog has not been spared their vile invasions and I've been doing my best to keep the Rose Desk nice and clean.

Tonight has gone rather well, despite having to go shopping and being at work a bit latter than expected, I got plenty written. I am well over 13,000 words ...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast