View RSS Feed

The 'dox of testing

A blog about whatever I feel like writing about. Rambling is to be expected.

1. The great cabling disaster

So, after several chats with AT&T, they swore that their IPTV/VOIP service works through the cable jacks. Thus, I got the cable jacks in my apartment ready.

Tech shows up. Since my apartment doesn't have a phone and cable access panel in the laundry area, they had to instead provide the service through the phone lines. However, since they essentially daisy chained the lines through the apartment, the tech needed to work on every phone jack between the front door and the computer ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Cabling

Currently, I have DSL + traditional landline phone service. I'm going to try to move to UVerse today (AT&T's VOIP/IPTV service) - we'll see how that goes. This is the 4th time they've called me to tell me I can have it - the first three times, they found that it was available in my area, just not at my apartment. Bastards.

Thus, a round of cleaning is required (with 4 kids, at least 1 full day of cleaning is required before anyone can step foot in the house and leave alive). I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Picking back up...

I forgot completely about this blog, mainly lost in the rush of real life. Time to get back to it.

Right now, I'm working on testing a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for a global pharmaceutical services company. I was explaining to someone today that the irony is that I work on this app all day, then come home to play a game of a similar complexity for fun. Ironic.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Game testing theory - test by overload

In almost every strategy game, users get their hands on the game, play a bit, crunch the numbers, and determine that a few units, powers, or abilities completely outclass the others.

For example, if you've ever played Empire of the Fading Suns, the best unit in the game (once all costs and stats are calculated)...is the starting artillery unit. While the AI strives for a balance, the smart human just cranks out waves of cheap artillery units and crushes everything in their path. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's time to move to a new project...

...when you dream of rewriting your application to run from a command line and use ASCII graphics.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast