View RSS Feed

Suvorov's blog

My Russia blog

1. Racism in Russia

I just got back after 3 weeks in, mostly, St. Petersburg, but I also visited Moscow for 2 days. My wife and I stayed with her relatives and visited many friends while we were there. Eastern Europeans beat us Westerners hands down in their get togethers with friends; the same grey, disinterested people in the bus and metro turn into fun and interesting company as soon as they get together with a bunch of relatives and friends behind a dinner table packed with food and a couple of bottles of wine ...

Updated 08-04-2009 at 18:25 by Suvorov

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How Suvorov became a russophile

I decided there might be people on these boards interested in my ideas on current events regarding Russia. If you have followed my history on these boards, you may have noticed my slow change from optimism to pessimism when it comes to Russia.

This does not mean, however, that, in my view, Russia is judged fairly by the Western media. There is a middle ground and (if time permits me to make this a blog of more than a few entries) I will try to find this middle ground when stating ...

Updated 07-02-2009 at 19:34 by Suvorov

Categories
    Uncategorized